Some of you asked me to post healthy crepes recipe. So there you go! The traditional way is to use the all-purpose flour. But! We are trying to make everything better and healthier. So try this instead:
You will need (for one person, if more-double the amounts accordingly):
- 1 egg (if you are against egg yolks you can use two egg whites instead)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. raw organic cacao (to give that brown colour)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup oats (you can buy them blended or blend yourself! )
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 strawberries
- anything else you like for topping
1. Blend oats, cacao and cinnamon together into a powder, this is going to be your flour!
2. Mix an egg (or two egg whites) in a separate bowl and add almond milk. Blend it all or mix really well!
3. Add your blended oats (flour) to your egg bowl-blend/mix everything together!
4. Take your batter and pour into a pan on low-medium heat. Just a thin thin thin layer!
5. After you see mini bubbles form on top, flip it! After some time you will be able to flip it in the air haha, promise! P.S. You don’t have to fully bake them, just make sure they are not sticky anymore and that they have a shape.
6. Now fill up your crepe with your chosen ingredients. I cut a banana into half (horizontal) and put a little nuttela (1teaspoon), then roll it up! You can experiment with it: put some berries, coconut shaves, etc.
7. When you have your rolls ready, put them back to the pan and bake it until it gets a little crispier. You will see, simple as that! :)
8. Then put hot crepes on the plate and play with toppings. I always use a fat free Greek Yogurt or honey and lots of strawberries. Yum!!!
It’s a very lean recipe using natural ingredients. Perfect meal if you don’t want something too heavy. And you can easily wow your friends or family with it, because it gives you a freedom to be creative with serving (it can be sooo breath taking haha)!
By the way. There are many folding options. I will list some below!Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of my final result, will do some next time especially for you!
Place the crepe with the best side down. Put the filling in a line down the center of the crepe. Fold the right side just past the middle and then do the same with the left. This method shows the filling at the ends.
Crepe Suzette Fold:
Place the crepe best side down. Spoon filling into the center of the crepe. Fold in half. Fold in half again forming triangle four layers thick.
Place the crepe best side down. Spoon filling in center of crepe. Fold both sides over filling, then fold bottom and top.
The Roll (the ones I like to do with bananas, because it looks cute and it’s easier):
Spread filling over worse side of crepe leaving a slight edge. Roll-up crepe. Depending on filling, serve sliced.
No Fold-Crepe Gateau
Place best side of crepe down. Spread filling over crepe leaving a slight edge. Top with another crepe and cover with filling. Keep repeating for a lovely Gateau.
P.S. If you know any more folding options or any other tips/tricks etc, please share it with me, I would love to try something new!
P.S.S. Folding pictures are randomly found on the internet. They are not mine.